Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2015 Review

For the past several weeks I've been meaning to write a blog post but haven't. It's not lack of wanting, it's lack of other things. 2015 was a great year for me, also a very busy year.

In life we have accomplishments that blow our minds and those we shrug off, until this year I shrugged off most my accomplishments because they didn't truly mean a whole lot to me. I've been told I'm modest, truth is, eh, didn't care a whole lot. Graduated Summa Cum Laude, OK that was cool but, eh. Spent an entire 12 years doing the same job, double eh. I need variety. 18 years married, I'm more proud of my divorce. My children, I don't call that an accomplishment, that's love.

This year I accomplished stuff that means a lot to me. Writing is a passion, a life style, and one I will never give up, or my love for beaches.

In January I published Bite the Big Apple, the fourth book in the Baby Girl series. Then over the summer I placed all 4 Baby Girl Books into a box set due to reader requests.

In April I made my first trip to Key West for a friends wedding. The wedding was beautiful and Key West was amazing. It was a great trip. I saw the Atlantic and Gulf all in one day. I saw the sunrise and set over the ocean in one day.

In September I made a trip to the emerald coast, Pensacola Florida, with a group of friends. I've been in love with the white sands and dunes since childhood. It was a pleasure to visit again, and maybe one day my dream will come true and I'll live there.

In November, I released The Calm Before the Storm Evan's Sins, Volume 2 Ruthless Storm Trilogy, and accepted the Paranormal Fiction Finalist Award for Eye of the Storm Eilida's Tragedy (Volume 1 Ruthless Storm Trilogy) in the International Reader's Favorite Awards. I drove to Miami and attended the ceremony. Now this was a biggie, not only because of the award but this series is my prize series. It's the books I write where all the demons inside my head plunge forward into characters, crawling out of the cobwebs and muck. Ruthless Storm are the books made of nightmares.

I brought my best friend with me to Miami and we took A1A along the coast, really beautiful. I also met with a friend of mine who lives in South Florida that I haven't seen in a few years. I loved catching up.

November was an exceptionally busy month as Baby Girl Box Set won an Official Selection Award for Young Adult Fiction from the New Apple Summer Book Awards. Two big awards in one year, could I ask for more?

In December, I made my first ever trip to Southwest Florida for a booksigning at P.J. Boox, an all indie book store. It was an overcast, rainy day but I got to see Fort Myers and drive along the coast. And visiting one of two all indie bookstores was a treat and the staff was fantastic!

Dec. 2, Caribbean Heat Baby Girl Book V was released. Of all the books that one was really one of my favorites to write. Cleo's older, nosey, and her life is still embedded in mystery.


My huge accomplishment is that my flipflops walked on beaches from one end of Florida to another and back again.

Later in December I flew to Mexico with my man, finally getting my passport stamped. We stayed on the Caribbean Coast and it was so beautiful and relaxing, I wanted to stay but ended up home again. The resort was out of this world, absolute paradise and I had the pleasure of visiting the Mayan City of Chichen Itza.




While in Mexico, Eye of the Storm Eilida's Tragedy was finished in audio and released! My first book on audio!

2015 was a fabulous year and one I won't ever forget.

Thanks to everyone that made it possible, I'm hoping for a bigger and better year in 2016. Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment