Popular Posts

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Return to the Bay Baby Girl Book VI


 Return to the Bay is here! Official release date 6/18/2016

Caribbean Heat left Cleo in a peculiar spot with friends La Tige and Kacy. Return to the Bay picks up at the moment book V left off. 

Baby Girls is back... 
Her desire to catch a stone-cold killer has lured her back into the
line of fire. 
Danger from the past haunts her, and in order to survive, she must make unlikely allies, and maybe allow a deadly enemy past her guard. Old friends and new adversaries surface and a mystery must be solved. All that glitters is not gold, and a badge is no guarantee of honesty... 

Baby Girl must lay to rest dead ghosts before she can return to the Caribbean, and the heat of Raul's waiting arms.

Preorder Links:
Amazon 
Other Online Retailers

Excerpt
Along with the steady layer of fog was a breeze that never seemed to quit. It whipped my pony tail across his face, then down again. He opened the bag and jiggled, slight tinge of fear perked in my belly followed by relief when only a couple gems fell out into his hand. He furrowed his brows in confusion. “I’ll see what I can find out. I don’t see how this is related to your case.” His eyes flashing past mine and focusing on something behind me. He refused to look me in the eye.
“In my world, you never know.” I leaned my back against the pier, allowing my hair to whip in varying directions.
He turned to leave, but I hadn’t dropped the bomb yet. “Weeber. One more thing?”
He stopped in his tracks and turned while I pulled the tiara out of my purse and handed it to him. He shifted his eyes away from me just to hide the wetness behind them as he gently grabbed the tiara from my hand. “You remember that?”
“I’ll check this out too,” he softly muttered.
“I asked if you remembered it?” I demanded.
He turned on his heels and left, using the noise of the sea lions to cover my words.
My ribs still a bit sore I allowed him to get a head start on me. I wasn’t in a hurry. I’d placed another small GPS device inside the Crown bag mixed with the stones. It wouldn’t buy me a lot of time, but it would get me off the pier and on the road behind him before he discovered it.
I hated driving, but it was a necessary evil today. GPS and my phone led me directly to Weeber, who was a few cars ahead on a motorcycle. He certainly wasn’t going to be playing with stones on that, so I kept several cars between us, knowing I had plenty of time.
I watched from a distance as he pulled up to an apartment building, not in the best part of San Francisco, and hopped off his bike. With my phone I zoomed in and watched him walk up a flight of steps and into an apartment. I tucked my hair into a 49ers’ ball cap and traced his steps. I lowered my head and gingerly walked up the staircase. My phone buzzed in my pocket. I was glad I had turned the ringer off before starting my top secret operation. It was La Tige.
“Hello,” I answered, keeping one eye plastered in the direction of Weeber’s apartment.
“Talked to Han. They found a body fits Alberto’s description.”

“I’m on my way.” Weeber would have to wait.

The Box Set - Books I - IV is on sale now through 6/17 for the remarkable low price of .99! 

Buy Links!


















Caribbean Heat Baby 
Girl V

Buy Links





No comments:

Post a Comment