Popular Posts

Friday, July 6, 2018

Expiate by Virginia Johnson

Reading this book was a treat!



Review:
As I was thinking about what to write it continued to cross my mind that the story was missing some history between Ethan and Aspen along with they need to just get it on. It seemed obvious to me they are perfect for each other. Anyways, I realized this is the second book in the series, not the first. I got it backwards.

The story is gripping, gritty and gory. All three G's and I loved it! Aspen is a deranged young woman with a massive, bloody chip on her shoulder. Reading it is like envisioning a nightmare. Until I read the first book I don't know the details but enough is said that she suffered greatly at the hands of men and now she makes them suffer.

Ethan seems like the egotistical kind of guy that assumes he's right and somehow better than others. He has to out do her, prove that he's better at killing than she is or something like that, only I think he needs to prove it more to himself because it doesn't seem she cares. I didn't like him much but at the same time don't have enough on him to form anymore of an opinion.

He is her nemesis and vice versa. One is as messed up in the mind as the other. The plot gives only a few details allowing the mind to formulate the in between. Without giving away a spoiler the ending was a delight! Not saying what happens but it was genius. 

For those who love gory, suspenseful and/or scary thrillers this book is well worth the read. It doesn't disappoint. 

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment