Popular Posts

Friday, April 19, 2019

A Prophecy of Ashes by John R. Monteith

The full name is A Prophecy of Ashes: A Supernatural Psychic Thriller: Wraith Hunter Chronicles, Book 1. This was my first listen to one of this authors books. Below are my thoughts.



My Thoughts:

This story develops around three groups before they all merge. There are wraith hunters who hunt every 50 years. Diane a woman who believes she's an empath and the wraith who is a psychopath. There are thrills and suspense but I have to admit I didn't really like Diane. She was kind of whiny through most of the story and I wished the wraith would have tortured her. On the other hand there was enough elements to keep me listening. One of them was wondering when the wraith was gonna kill her and how he'd do it. Would it be bloody and quick or slow and painful?


I loved the hunters and their use of technology. That was clever but it was the young stud hunter who thought of it and it was a nice touch. If the police and FBI use this stuff why not a couple guys searching for a wraith? It makes sense and added a lot to the story. Overall it was enjoyable with its quick pace and action. The characters are developed as well as the plot.

Amazon/Audible

No comments:

Post a Comment