Popular Posts

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Florida Hunger Games

In Florida some pharmacies, CVS and Walmart, have now expanded who can get the COVID 19 vaccine. I'm now eligible but that doesn't mean I necessarily can walk in and get the vaccine.

Yesterday I got onto CVS website and tried to schedule my vaccination but they were booked. I tried it again today. Still booked.

I got onto Walmart's website and attempted to schedule my vaccine. After the first 2 closest locations were booked I tried the third closest and there was an 11:40 appointment for next week. I quickly chose it but then was deflated when it said that appointment was already taken. I tried a couple other locations going as far as 30 miles from my home. All booked.

It feel like I'm in the Hunger Games. If you're lucky you get an appointment but like filing unemployment in Florida you just have to keep at daily. I'm pretty adept at using the computer and scheduling appointments online but I wonder about older people who can't maneuver online well. Are these people getting their vaccines?

Just about everybody in Florida knows there's been vaccination sites set up in wealthy retired communities but what about those living in the "wrong" zip codes?

Read one such story here. These stories are all over media. Simply type in DeSantis Covid mishandling or DeSantis vaccinating donors or even try DeSantis calls for DOJ investigation.

Its pretty disgusting that people can't get vaccinated. I think we need something more organized. Its a true shit show here. I will continue my plight because I want to see how long it actually takes to schedule the vaccine.

I'm guessing if I try daily I may be able to get it scheduled within the next 30 days but I'm not holding my breath. How long do you think it will take?


No comments:

Post a Comment