Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wayward Souls by LD Greenwood

I always enjoy stories that don't have the same story as everything else. I also enjoy well-written stories. This filled the bill for both.



My thoughts:

There's plenty of intrigue in this story and I'm like a bug to a light when it comes to paranormal. Ellie finds her sister dead and a soul broker in her living room. Most people can't see the soul brokers but she can. This puts her on a mission to save her sisters soul and a different world. I offer huge compliments to the author for her great world building. I felt like I was there but there wasn't so much it drowned the story.

There are twists, suspense, mystery and other elements of suspense that kept me listening every chance I got. The story has a nice pace that gets faster as it moves towards the climax. I love that Elie is a normal person not a super anything. She's humble and kind. None of the characters are perfect in any way. That makes the story believable and the characters relatable.

Meghan Kelly took a minute to get used to but once I did I really enjoyed her voice and think she's a good fit for the story.


Overall, a really great story!

Amazon/audible

No comments:

Post a Comment