Popular Posts

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Caught in a Web: Invisible Spiders Book 2 by Jason Davis Audiobook Review

I love horror and zombies. Caught in a Web is an impressive read and different kind of zombie story.



My Review:
Caught in the Web is a unique zombie apocalypse story. The residents of a town are quarantined and aren’t aware of it. The military is surrounding the town and scientists are brought in while the residents of the town discover there are zombies amongst them. The story focuses on a small group trapped in a bar and how they survive or don’t while the residents of the town become zombies.

Daren Marlar narrates the story and overall does a great job. His voice is clear but he read as more of an “announcer” and that didn’t always work for me with this book. There’s a lot happening and a lot of action.

The idea Jason Davis uses, invisible spiders, is a different. I have seen almost every zombie movie, read several zombie books and his is unique. I enjoy that creativity in taking a worn out concept and making it his own. The only thing I didn't enjoy about the book was the authors repetitive descriptions because they slowed down the pace of the story for me but otherwise an entertaining read and highly recommended for zombie fans.

Amazon
iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment