Popular Posts

Friday, March 12, 2021

Hunger Games in Florida part 2

 I did it! I'm half way there.

Eight days ago I started my hunger games in Florida series. Attempting to schedule a vaccine proved to be impossible and a waste of time. I live close to one of Florida's largest cities and decided to visit one of the federal vaccination sites.

That proved to be a wise decision. It was a bit of a drive but I avoided the freeways and rush hour and still got there in thirty minutes. I walked up. There was a few people in line in front of me but the line moved quickly and I entered the site. Almost immediately I was sent to a table and the worker took my information and asked me a few questions then gave me a sticker to wear and I was sent to another line.

This line was to point people in the right direction for the vaccine they were getting. This site was giving out two types of COVID vaccines. Again, the line was short and I was sent directly to a table and promptly given the vaccine. I was then sent to the 15 minute waiting area.

After 15 minutes I was sent home. It was super easy and no hassle. It took me longer to drive there and home than it did to get jabbed.

I won't say the shot was painless but it lasted a couple seconds. My arm has felt a little heavy since and its tender at the injection site but that was to be expected.

In three weeks I return for shot two :-)

I'm happy that I get to attend my first book event next weekend at least half vaccinated. It will be the first crowd I've been in, in over a year.

My gratitude is to the President and the federal government for making these sites possible.

I'll check back in with you in three weeks after jab two!


No comments:

Post a Comment