Popular Posts

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Even when I'm down...

Even when I'm down my many friends and family have a way of lifting my spirits!

Today was one of those days. You know the one' when everything possible goes wrong. I spent my morning on the phone between my bank and paypal and accomplished nothing. Cruised through my work day. Left work to go to my daughters' house. I hit every red light and a section of road closed for two ambulances and police cars. This is rush hour by the way and my truck has no air conditioning and I live in Florida! I'm sitting in traffic dripping wet and my truck starts smoking from the hood. From my experience this is never good so I pull over, luckily their was a shell station. I pulled my truck in and walked over to Jersey Mikes, ate a sub, killed about 40 minutes and went back to my truck. 

I popped open the hood, opened the radiator cap. It was full. I started my truck and let it run to make sure the thermostat was working. All good. So I got back on the road and had no more problems. I didn't actually believe my truck overheated since the gauge never displayed it but hey, my truck is 14 years old the gauge could be bad but evidently it wasn't. I think my truck just didn't like the heat any more than me.

By the time I got home I was sweaty, grumpy and looking forward to a shower. Out of habit I opened up my tablet and to my surprise an author whom I know had read my book and left a review! I read the review and tears of joy sprinkled my eyes. Of all days her review lifted my spirits and I've been giddy since.

Below is a partial of the review for As Snow Falls.

"A riveting story - Memories of a life lived to the fullest.

Elle Klass has written a story where everyone can identify with the main character and understand some clouds of their own life." https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1032807632

Author Madi Preda

It's the little things in life that make me happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment