Why do people choose to buy the books they do? I recently found a blog post that discusses the top reasons people choose to buy a book.
According to Kristine Kathryne Rusch at http://kriswrites.com/2011/04/06/the-business-rusch-promotion/#sthash.OCzwYVNC.EYxR4uBb.dpbs most people choose to buy books depending on personal recommendation and author reputation. She bases this on her own research.
It all boils down to word of mouth, sharing. We can all do that easily.
1. Tell a friend, family member or coworker about a good book you enjoyed or an author you have come to love.
2. Share books you love with your social media, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or whatever media you use.
3. Buy a book and give as a gift such as Christmas, Birthdays, Valentines, any other holiday, or just to give something to someone you care about.
4. Leave a short review for your favorite authors books. As an author my most liked reviews are the shortest reviews so don't shy away from leaving a review because your intimidated about leaving a 250 word rave review. One or two heartfelt sentences will do. Some sites such as iBooks, Kobo, Google Play allow you to leave a simple rating.
5. When purchasing the book like reviews others have left.
6. Follow your favorite author at book stores such as Amazon and Smashwords.
7. Sign up for their mailing list and follow them on social media to keep up with their news and share with others.
These are all simple activities we can do that don't take much time. I blog and share all my favorites here. I read a wide variety of books so there is something for everyone here. Check out my reviews, author interviews and blog tour posts to find new books or even authors you may already love.
Share your favorite author or book today!
Every so often a really fantastic book comes along that I absolutely can't put down. Sweet Sleep is one of those books. My Review:...
You could WIN the complete tea tin collection! Inspired by books Enter Here More photos of the tins of tea! ...