Popular Posts

Friday, May 13, 2016

Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris Audiobook Review

I have loved this series since I picked up and read book 1. I've been holding out on reading book 13 Dead Ever After because I didn't want the series to end. And I had tears in my eyes, not because it was sad but because there won't be another. I have to say the ending was good. The entire book was amazing!

For readers not familiar with the Sookie Stackhouse series this is what HBO based the series True Blood on. Book 1 and season 1 are almost alike but that's as far as the similarities between each book and each season go. The series is set in the south and vampires have just "come out" so to speak. There is a lot of political stuff such as equal rights etc. for vamps. Synthetic blood is what made it possible for vampires to join society so to speak. In my opinion this series is genius.



My Review: (my cut and paste audible review)

What did you love best about Dead Ever After?
The same thing I love about every other book in the series. Charlaine Harris has created a vampire/ supernatural/ mystery series that is intriguing, hilarious and very entertaining. Not to mention unlike anything else.

What was one of the most memorable moments of Dead Ever After?
For me the end. I have read each and every book in this series, holding off on the final book only because I knew this is it. So the end will stay with me, although I can't give away any spoilers to those who are still holding out.

Which scene was your favorite?
All of them. I loved the story and each scene flowed to the next.

Was this a book you wanted to listen to all in one sitting?
Yes!

Any additional comments?
The first 12 books in the series I read so listening the this book was a different experience. Johanna Parker nailed the voice and added another dimension to the story. I don't generally read or listen to books twice but I may have to make an exception and listen to them all in audio.

Amazon
iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment