Popular Posts

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Absolutely Addicting! The Dead Game Susanne Leist

I've had this book in my Kindle for a while but hadn't gotten a chance to read until last weekend. My eyes stayed glued to the page even though I was fighting sleep I couldn't put it down. Susanne Leist has a vivid and wild imagination!



Review
Susanne Leist debut novel The Dead Game is a gripping, terror filled read from the opening! Linda moves to the small, quaint ocean front town  Oasis located along Northern Florida’s coastline. She paints a picturesque scene reminding me of Neptune Beach or any beach further North, I’m a North Florida resident, with the exception of the hill but it’s a book and anything can happen and in this fabulous read it does. As breathtaking as Oasis is the town is full of evil. Protagonist Linda opens a small bookstore and makes friends with all the other young adults in town. There is a distinct separation between the young and the older residents who live on the hill and have creepy green windows. All the young townsfolk are invited to a party at End House, the ultra creepy house at the end of the hill. The spooky fun and games begin here. 

The Dead Game is filled with nonstop surprises that kept my toes curled. When I thought they had solved and ended one dilemma another popped up. Deadly twists and turns wreak havoc on the residents of Oasis as supernatural creatures play horrifying games.
Did I mention the vampires? I love supernatural reads and don’t want to read something that’s been done before. Susanne’s take on vampires is fresh and new but you’ll have to read to know. She takes the age old vampire legend and turns it into something I’ve never read before piquing my intrigue. I don’t believe in giving away spoilers but I will say this novel is left with a cliffhanger that has me hungering for a sequel.


Absolutely addicting!

Buy The Dead game at:

The Dead Game Amazon
Barnes and Noble

Susanne Leist
Tumblr
Wordpress
Google +
Blogspot
Website
Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment