Popular Posts

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Naughty or Nice Facebook Event- Author Candi Silk


Don't miss the Facebook Naughty or Nice Christmas Author Party Event. It's online so it doesn't matter where you live, join in the fun! Below is an interview with Erotica Author Candi Silk, she'll be there!

Buy Links:
Amazon Author Page
Amazon.co.uk. Author Page

Don't forget when you purchase one of her books to go to the event page above and leave your order number to be entered into the grand giveaway!

Elle, thank you for inviting me to appear on your blog. It’s an honor to share thoughts on books with your readers.

Elle: Tell us a little about you as a person. 

Candi: Now you have me laughing again, Elle. My fictional characters are much more interesting. I’m an optimist, and believe strongly in the positive things we, fellow beings, can accomplish in harmony as we journey through life. I like to try new things, different approaches, and I enjoy encouraging others to pursue their dreams. I’m a former teacher-educator, and organizational representative. Writing is like a second career and a new level of excitement and enjoyment!

Elle: So, what have you written?


Candi: I’ve written seven Erotic Escapades ranging from 51 to 254 pages. That’s a mixture of novellas and novel. Here are the titles: Taste Me, Hot Couple, Swap Me, Night Rogue, Find Me, Lust Driven, and Thrill Driven.

Elle: Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?


Candi: My leading characters in all of my titles are strong women on a mission to test their personal boundaries of their sexuality, and “breakout” into their new discoveries of themselves. And there are plenty of  alphas to assist them. These are generally strong, self-sufficient women, but individuals that have experienced a typical upset or speed bump in life. That occurrence sets them on a self-discovery path that gets rather steamy. Let’s face it, if life is pristine perfect, people rarely make changes. Change usually takes place after there has been some kind of challenge and/or confrontation.

Elle: What is your latest book, and is it part of a series?

Candi:   My latest book is Thrill Driven which is a follow-up to Lust Driven. Although both are stand-alone stories, they follow one leading character, 36 year-old Marla, in her search to discover her full sexuality. What intrigued me in the writing of Lust Driven and Thrill Driven were the trigger points or events that led to Marla’s unexpected decisions, just like in real life. Fiction is fiction, but sometimes we wonder just how thin is the line between fantasy, fiction, and fact, or reality. 

Elle: Where do the your ideas come from? 

Candi: First of all none of my writing is autobiographical. I’ll get ideas from the news media and from events and experiences that I’ve learned about through the years. But like most writers I’ll also use my imagination as I ask “what if questions” when working on a story. Imagination is the house of invention when it comes crafting good stories to thrill readers, regardless the genre.

Elle: What genre are your books?

Candi:  I consider them to be erotica romance written from a woman’s perspective. The word “erotic” originated back in the middle 1600s and it means ~ tending to arouse sexual love or desire.  Romanticism in literary works is characterized by the emphasis on the imagination and emotions. So we are talking about human feelings. My titles easily fit that label. I make sure there is a mixture of emotional and physical feeling in my titles with plenty of mutual pleasure to go around. There is constant debate among the writing and reading communities regarding the classification of written works, especially in the areas of erotica, erotic, and romance. Lots of statistical numbers get tossed around, but what is more important is how a reader feels at the end of any given book.

Elle: What draws you to this genre? 

Candi: I’ve always had an interest in psychology, and particularly human relationships; the basis of their formation; what sustains them; what causes them to fall apart. As you can imagine that naturally draws me to the erotica-romance combination. Although I read from multi-genres, I feel comfortable writing contemporary romance and erotica.

Elle: What is the hardest thing about writing? 

Candi: Probably answering that question, Elle. I’m laughing out loud. So far I haven’t experienced writer’s block, and I don’t intend to. However, there have been times when I knew where I wanted a story to go, but I was uncertain exactly how I wanted to write it. When that happens I usually go ahead and write the options I’m considering at the time, then leave them for a day or two. Usually when I come back I have a fresh take on the situation. Self-editing can be a challenge because you’re balancing how you understand your story to be in your head against conveying it on paper so the
reader will have a good experience when reading. And that’s most important. As a writer you know what your story is about, but the reader doesn’t. It is of prime importance that the writer convey clearly the story to the reader. That’s challenging! A writer can write all they want in isolation, but the other half of that equation is reading. Will the reader “get” what the writer has written? Each book I write has a destiny; the hands of the reader.

Elle: Besides writing what are your favorite things to do? 

Candi: I tend to be easy-going, and enjoy the calmer, simpler things in life, such as an entertaining book, maybe a little fun food, a touch of music, and always time with family and friends. I enjoy quilting when I’m not involved in writing another steamy story.

Elle: What is the easiest thing about writing? 

Candi: For me it’s the joy of knowing I have the freedom to craft a story that will be enjoyed by readers around the world. It’s telling a story, having a conversation with readers whom I’ll probably never get to meet, except in print. I often think what an exhilarating experience it would be to discuss one’s book with each reader. But that silent conversation takes place when a reader opens a writer’s book and begins the story. At that point the thoughts of the writer and reader mingle in a romantic dance all their own.


Elle: Do you have a favorite movie and/or book? 

Candi: My free time from writing is divided about 75/25 percent between reading constantly and watching movies or TV series. I haven’t had cable TV in several years, but I stream from Netflix movies, and TV shows such as Damages, Homeland, Covert Affairs, Justified, The Good Wife, House of Cards, and others as they catch my interest. I’ve read so many books, it’s hard to pick a favorite. Of course I enjoy romance, along with action, crime, espionage, political, psychological thrillers. And recently you introduced me to the mystical and paranormal with your Eye of The Storm. You’ll probably get me hooked on that genre as well!

Candi: Elle, thank you again for inviting me to be a guest on The Troubled Oyster blog. It’s always a pleasure exchanging thoughts with you. Your enthusiasm for the world of writing and reading is commendable. I’ve read all your books, and they have brought me hours of entertainment!

To Candi: Your books have brought me hours of steamy fun and I'm grateful you were able to do this interview on The Troubled Oyster.

Book Blurbs for a few of her sizzling naughty and extremely entertaining books!


Book Blurb for Lust Driven: A minor oversight by her husband forces Marla to confront an unexpected risky dilemma. As she weighs her choices between a routine-scripted everyday life, or an uncontrolled lust for sexual satisfaction, and a transformation from obedient to a take-charge woman, Marla straddles that teetering tipping point. As her desires throb within, what will tip her decision one way or the other? You’ll get an up-close glimpse of one of Candi Silk’s break-out characters, as she unleashes something inside herself.  
Within minutes, an exposed private matter drives her into a Lust Driven wife who discovers her inner woman. (Explicit content.)

Book Blurb for Thrill Driven: What happens when a woman is thrill driven? Successful business woman, 36 year-old Marla knows from experience it’s that sudden sharp feeling of excitement. That lusty rush of desire, and the craving to satisfy it. More than ever she seeks to do that in Thrill Driven, Candi Silk’s latest erotic escapade.
After ending her emotionally barren marriage, Marla has regularly explored sensuous thrills with her favorite bed buddies, Ben and Ray. Both twenty-something, well-equipped studs. Seeking another level of thrills, Marla has invited Sherrie, Ben, and Ray for a long-weekend of “play.” But plans change, as Marla and Sherrie meet a third woman during a night of seductive dancing. How far will this foursome go as their weekend becomes Thrill Driven? (Explicit content.)


Book Blurb for Night Rogue: What does a woman do when suddenly faced with her favorite female fantasy? A stranger in the night, in her bedroom? Torn between the excitement of temptation and the fear of danger, 28 year-old Victoria Kingston has a decision to make. Will her inner sexual desires and curiosity help her break-out of her inner shell, or will her prim and proper side keep her bound. Which is greater, the dance of danger or the tango of fleshly temptations? Will the shadows of night reveal answers her yearning flesh begs for? Or is her reality just a fantasy and nothing more? Read up-close how Victoria answers her primal “needs.” (Explicit content.) 

Where to find Candi

Facebook
A Taste of Candi Blog
Candisilk.com
Goodreads
Google+
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment