Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Keep the Creativity Going!

Authors when working heavily on a story, what do you do when you need a break to keep the creative juices flowing?

Daily I do a little listening or reading of someone elses' work. It gives me a break from the confines of my own imagination. But when taking a break after working several straight hours on one of my masterpieces I watch TV or movies, depends on what I'm writing. My Father' a Serial Killer was my show of choice while writing The Calm Before the Storm. I also spent as much time as possible watching the most gruesome movies I could find and doses of Criminal Minds.

I also enjoy Vampire Diaries, episodes of True Blood, Dexter, Ghost Whisperer and Wicked City. I'm crossing my fingers Wicked City will come back for a second season.

Those are all fantastic shows but I prefer movies. I've seen every Purge, Insidious, Paranormal Activity and anything and everything that makes a person's skin crawl as they cringe and hide under the covers and I usually do this late at night. Judge Judy and Hot Bench are also great inspiration.

I find these aren't just great for breaks, watching movies puts me in the mood for writing when my schedule's been crazy and haven't had the time.

Below are trailers for the movies I've watched this week. So what do you do on a writing break?




No comments:

Post a Comment