Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Bog by Michael Talbot

A science wrapped thriller!



My Review:
This story started out slow and very technical. David the main character is an archeologist who found a perfectly preserved body in a bog. The first couple chapters read almost like a textbook. For a fiction story I thought it was excessive but the story eventually gets very exciting and intense.

David moves his family to the small town where his dig sight and the bog are. They move into a cottage there not far from the bog.The residents of the town aren't welcoming of strangers and there's a atmosphere of sadness that hangs over the city. Odd and unexplainable events occur at the cottage like their dog dissapears. David's son becomes quiet and reserved. The cottage at tims smells like death and more. 

For me I think the first couple chapters were too much and might have been better spread troughout the book. I love science but it was too much even for me. I found myself skipping over it. Aside from that the story has a great plot that was unique and characterization. The author brings everything to life. The suspense piqued my curiosity.


Overall, this is a really good book.

Amazon/Audible

No comments:

Post a Comment