Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Interview with Mariana Thorn

It's my pleasure to interview Mariana Thorn and learn about how her creative mind works. 


Tell us a little about you? 

I’ve been writing since I was little. I couldn’t get to the library enough or had to wait for the next book to come out. That’s how I started writing. I wrote my own stories while I waited. My favorite series growing up was The Saddle Club books and Sweet Valley High. Now you know how old I am lol.

Right now I work in a grocery store bakery. I love it, except the hours sometimes. It’s fun. I live in a small town in Western Washington with my little dog. I take many trips to my friend’s little farm to ride and work with the horses in the next town over. Really I think I have the best life ever. I get to do things I love and am surrounded by amazing people.

So, what have you written?

I have a few books between three series out right now.
The first series is Fur, Fangs, and Fairies. This series at the moment includes two full lengths and a short (Seizing Darkness, Seizing Shadows, and Rising Shadows). This is a paranormal adventure with a touch of romance but not too much series. That’s how I ususally explain it.
The second series and my favorite to write is the Skylar
Wolfe Mysteries short story series. Right now the first four books are grouped into one box set I like to call the Snark Bundle. I giggle the whole time writing these.
Then I have the first two books out for my Three Kingdoms fantasy series. This is the series that I’ve been working on the longest. Blood of Shadows and Blood of Legends are out now. Blood of Queens, the last book, is coming soon.

Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?

For Seizing Darkness, Natalya is a weretiger that doesn’t remember her past. She’s a bit feisty and has built herself a comfortable life working for the Paranormal Investigation Bureau. Let’s just say her past comes back to bite her in the tail and leave it at that.

What genre are your books?

I have paranormal, mystery, and fantasy so far. 

What draws you to this genre?

Really I like all genres which is probably why I don’t stick to one. Mostly I just write what comes into my head and get drawn into whatever world I’m working in.

Where do your ideas come from?

Sometimes I just don’t know. A character will pop into my head, take root, then the next thing I know I have a story idea. Mostly they are books that I feel like reading but can’t find one available that has the right feel so I just write one up.

What is the hardest thing about writing?


For me getting in the zone and staying there. Once I manage it I can write all the words but some days I get too distracted.

What is the easiest thing about writing?

Ideas. I always have characters, story ideas, and new worlds going on in my mind.

1f your latest release is part of a series, tell us a little about the series?

I will be releasing a new story soon. It is just getting polished. The fifth book in the Skylar Wolfe series should be coming out in the next few months. Let’s just say I throw Skylar into a swamp just for fun.

Tell us a little about you as a person.

I love animals better than most people. I hope to buy a big piece of land one day and have an animal sanctuary on it. That’s my biggest dream. I love to surround myself with things that make me happy. I have a shelf in my room with all my happy things. It has my art supplies, things people have sent me, pictures of things and people I love and just happy stuff.
I’m a very positive person. In fact my biggest fault is always seeing the best in people even when they don’t live up to it. I am an eternal opptomist and a dreamer. Normal people confuse me. I have the best friends in the entire world. I also believe I can achieve anything I put my mind to.

Besides writing what are your favorite things to do?

Baking and horseback riding. Drawing, watercolor painting, and coloring as well. I love walking by the river by my house with my favorite dog ,Tony. If you visit my Facebook page you will see many pictures of him.

Do you have a favorite movie and/or book?

I love the Harry Potter books. My favorite TV shows (which I watch constantly) MASH, Keeping Up Appearances, and Rosemary & Thyme. They are usually running in the background.

Visit her
Website 
Twitter
Goodreads
Amazon

2 comments:

  1. great interview and I can assure you the books are all GREAT! Glad to see the final book in the Three Kingdoms is coming soon as well as another in the Fur, Fangs and Fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a awesome person and writer. I'm looking forward to reading her books. :-D

    ReplyDelete