Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Ahh...How do I covert pdf files to my ereader?

How can you convert a pdf file to epub or mobi so it can be read on your ereading device? It's easy!

Recently, I was posed with having to convert the pdf for one of my books into an epub and a mobi file, so what did I do? I googled of course. I found tons of online resources for converting files. 

The first website I found was http://ebook.online-convert.com/convert-to-epub. It will only convert to epub but you don't have to use a pdf you can also use a word document. The instructions are simple and the conversion takes seconds. You can then choose to upload to google docs or dropbox. Within a couple of minutes total I had a word document of my book converted to an epub (used for IPad) and saved to my dropbox!

The second website I found was http://www.zamzar.com/convert/pdf-to-epub/. I used this to convert a pdf to a mobi (kindle) file, again the onscreen instructions are self explanatory and took seconds. I had to complete a couple extra steps myself to save the file to my dropbox but that wasn't difficult. Once the file was downloaded, I went to downloads and saved from there. This website converts more than mobi files they also convert epub and almost any file you want. There is plethora of options.

The best thing is these online tools are FREE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment