Popular Posts

Monday, May 26, 2014

Interview with John Tucker author of Divisive and many other shocking tales...

Today, I bring you John Tucker. An author I have only recently met. His witty personality makes makes him an all to lovable friend. I couldn't not add him to the other fabulous authors that grace The Troubled Oyster. Drum roll...

Interview

Elle: Tell a little about yourself.

John: I'm a Gemini. I love Margaritas on the beach. I'm looking for a woman who....oh...wait....wrong interview.   :-P   Okay, I had an average childhood. Usual teenaged years. Three  marriages that fizzled out. A pair of semi-wonderful sons. Two jobs where I spent a combined thirty years of soul-sucking hell at.  Became a writer.
 Happiness??? Maybe.  John D. Tucker – Damn glad you met me.    :-)

Elle: You plan on releasing several books this year. I think that is an amazing feat so I’m curious how is this possible? 

John: It's a secret only me and John Dizon knows.   :-)   I've already released The Seventh Seal (Book 3 of my Bemused and Bedeviled Series). By the end of July, The Wisdom of Lunatics (a hostage drama)and eTernalMates (a quirky romance) should be released. After that, Vergene (my follow-up erotica novel) and The Little Girl Who Cried at Midnight (sequel to The Little Girl You Kiss Goodnight) should be pubbed by October.  After that, I'll try to get Chasing the Fox (the sequel to Romancing the Fox) in by the end of the year.     Because of writers block, It's not unusual for me to have 2-3 projects going at once. I try to get a chapter done every day, more if it's starting to flow good for me. If writing isn't an option, I edit previous chapters or chart out an outline for a new book. You've heard of ABC (Always Be Closing). In my case, It's ABW (Always be writing).   


Elle: How long have you been writing?

John: This June makes it five years. Romancing was the first novel I wrote after a 25 year layoff from high school.  It was a wreck, so I went to a few writing classes and joined an internet workshop that helped me immensely.  I wrote Divisive next and pubbed it, then re-worked Romancing the Fox to where it was publishable.  Since then, I've released seven more novels over the last three years.

Elle: As a long time Georgia native, are you a Bulldog fan?

John: I'm a Georgia Tech fan foremost, but I do root for the Dawgs unless they're playing Tech. Now, if I'm in the same room with a Bulldog fan,  despite being quiet and reserved usually, I tent to be loud and obnoxious on purpose just to keep on the same playing field as them.   By the way, Do you know why the Dawg's Sanford Stadium has natural grass?   So the cheerleaders can graze at halftime.  :-)


Elle: As a fiction writer, are any of your novels based on events in your life?

John: Every novel I write will have a factual event or something I witnessed over the years. In my soon-to-be-published novel – eTernalMates  - I had one of the main characters go out on a date with a stranger who was kind of kooky. At the end of the night, she looks for a coupon in her oversized purse to help with a restaurant bill.  After looking in the stuffed purse for a few minutes she starts taking out things in order to aid her search -  a box of condoms, body oils, leopard-fur handcuffs, and a bottle of douche. Then she triumphantly holds up the coupon with a big smile on her face. Yeah, this actually happened to me as a teenager. I was embarrassed but I forgave her later, if you know what I mean.

Elle:  What was the greatest challenge you faced with publishing your work?

John:  Formatting it to Amazon's standards and finding a suitable cover for it– either cheaply or free were the big two. Collecting Book Reviews for my novels also continue to be a hurdle for me.

Elle: Do you have a favorite author or book?

John: I'll read anything by Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and John Jakes. King and Koontz are the best in their genre and Jakes' epic historical fiction novels are so realistic you feel you were there – be they westerns, about the American Revolution, or the Civil War.  I also have a dozen Indie faves that I'm featuring in my blog over the next few months.


Elle: Describe yourself in three words.

John: Humorous, Dependable, Helpful

Where to find this amiable, jovial man:
Amazon
Facebook
Blog
Twitter

John is a man of varying genres, a little something for everyone. here are just a few...

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment