Popular Posts

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Bird's Eye View by Kerry Evelyn. A novella from the Once Upon Academy Anthology

One by one I'll giving you my opinion of all the Once Upon Academy Short stories in the anthology except of course my own. Keep in mind I hadn't read any of the stories until I got a copy of the book. 
The first story is Bird's Eye View by Kerry Evelyn.
I loved the simplicity of the story. She doesn't add in too many characters and spends the story mostly building two characters Nettie and Reggie. I loved getting to  know them.
Reggie's been at OUA for 4 years and has no clue what to do when he graduates or maybe he'll stay for grad studies. All he knows is he likes to fly. Nettie is a freshman. She hates birds yet she works on this fear volunteering to work with children and baby birds. 
The two don't know each other until they are locked in the observatory tower together by accident. Well, it wasn't an accident that Reggie was locked in there but it was chance that Nettie was there. She was simply trying to watch a meteor shower.
Through their experience they get to know each other and their lives are put in peril.
Suspense, fantasy, romance, mystery it's all in this finely crafted short story. At OUA magic is commonplace and Kerry Evelyn masterfully weaves these elements into the story. I felt like I'd been transported to OUA.

Get your copy in ebook!
I want the paperback!
Join the OUA mailing list!


For the rest of the week you can email your proof of purchase to onceuponacademyantho@gmail.com and get the welcome packet.

No comments:

Post a Comment