Popular Posts

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Song of the Reaper character interview with Lyra Piper

With me today is another student from Once Upon Academy. Welcome Lyra Piper!
TTO: Welcome Lyra. So tell us what is your major at Once Upon Academy?

Lyra: Spell Casting with Concentrations in Reaper Studies and Musical Empathy

TTO: That sounds exciting and busy. Is there any special reason you chose Once Upon Academy?

Lyra: My sisters and I were accepted after my Dad (Reed Piper) took the position as the new music professor. Honestly, I didn't want to go, but I've been having some uh, anger issues lately and the only ones who've stuck by me are my dad and sisters. They were so excited to go that I didn't have the heart to ruin it for them.

TTO: It sounds like a great opportunity. I hope you are enjoying the school now that you are there. The school is filled with magic. Do you have any special abilities?

Lyra: My whole family can play pretty much any instrument. I can totally lose myself when I play my violin.  Oh wait, you mean "special skills"... The night I arrived at OUA I found out that my dad, sisters, and I can compel people with our music. Apparently, it's a skill passed down from my great (x10 or something like that) grandfather. But that wasn't the biggest surprise. We also have a family curse that I couldn't avoid. I'm still kind of dealing with it. Do you mind if we don't talk about it?

TTO: No problem! Piercings and tattoos are so popular these days. Do you have any?

Lyra: Besides the holes in my ears, nope. Now that I'm 18 though I'm totally getting a tattoo!

TTO: What would you consider you greatest accomplishment?

Lyra: My day of my greatest accomplishment is also my worst day ever. Last year, I'd been accepted by Julliard to audition for a spot in this years class. My performance was flawless. Afterward, they hinted I was going to be accepted. 

Then I blew it. 

It's so embarrassing...Like I mentioned earlier...I've been having a hard time dealing with my anger and some other girl auditioning was a total asshole...I mean jerk. Crap, can you bleep that out? She made me so mad I couldn't just walk away...not my finest moment. 

Julliard decided I wasn't a good fit after that.

TTO: When one door is closed another is opened. How would you describe yourself in three words?

Lyra: Loyal, Badness, Fun

TTO: Not talking about the thing we aren't talking about. Do you have any handicaps?

Lyra: No, not unless you count my family's curse (she shrugs).

TTO: Would you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?

Lyra: Normally, I'd say extrovert but lately I've been kind of pissing most people in my life off so...I've become an introvert by default.

TTO: I think you're great! How about food. What is your favorite?

Lyra: Pizza. Hands down. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

TTO: Me too! We should grad a slice sometime. How about movies or books, do you have a favorite?

Lyra: I'd have to say, Princess Bride. It was one of my mom's favorites and when I watch it...it makes me think of her.

TTO: Before we wrap this up, is there anything else you'd like to add?

Lyra: My sisters and I started a band before we came to OUA, Rockin' Sirens. Maybe you could let your readers know. We play at parties, coffee houses ~ really anywhere and can play pretty much anything.

TTO: Definitely! You heard it, look out for the Rockin' Sirens! Thank you so much Lyra for joining me today.
Find out more about Lyra in the Once Upon Academy Anthology!

Song of the Reaper by Stephanie Harrell
Lyra and her twin sister Aria already had their gap year figured out. They would follow the path of their older sister in getting a job, then spend their evenings playing in their band, captivating audiences with their entrancing, rock and roll sound.

Then Lyra and her sisters learn they’ve been accepted to Once Upon Academy, a school they'd never heard of, and only because their dad was chosen to be the new music professor.

Figuring her way around a new school, having a princess for a roommate, and learning fairy tale creatures do exist is just the beginning. Not only does she have to balance classwork, homework, and a new social scene, but she now has to deal with the consequences of a family curse that will definitely take up all of her free time…

It also doesn't help that she can’t stop thinking about her new reaping partner, Cole, who barely acknowledges she exists.

This semester may just be the death of Lyra Piper.

Grab Lyra's Acceptance Letter here!



No comments:

Post a Comment