Popular Posts

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Letty's Story by Leticia

Every so often a remarkable nonfiction book comes my way. Letty's story is one of those books. There is only so many ways to say, Wow!




My Review:

I’m not a huge nonfiction reader but every so often a nonfiction book comes my way. Letty’s Story is one woman’s amazing journey of courage. She was born in the Phillippines during WW2. Awakened with a start as bombs blew her home to pieces. Soon the Japanese take over and she finds herself, at a very young age, bartering and trading in order to take of herself. As the war ensues her family falls apart and she is subjected to various forms of abuse. Somehow she manages to overcome the odds.

I found this book very difficult to put down and read every waking moment until I turned the last page. The story is heartbreaking and encouraging. There were some gaps and cryptic memories that left me curious but I assume they are memories better left forgotten or unimportant to the story. Either way Letty’s Story is a fascinating read.


An empowering novel that will leave an impression in the mind and on the soul. 

Buy Links:
Amazon- Letty's Story
Barnes and Noble

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment