Popular Posts

Monday, January 26, 2015

Bite the Big Apple Release

Bite the Big Apple is finally here! The fourth installment of the Baby Girl series. Cleo was abandoned at 12 and left to fend for herself. Now grown and coming full circle in book 4 she finds answers to the questions that have haunted and plagued her existence.


Blurb:
Cleo, masquerading as Shanna, is hot on the trail of learning her identity. After spending a lifetime living lies she now finds her biological family, and learns the truth about her birth. Why she was kidnapped at the hands of Perdy and why Slug hunted her down; killing her one true love.

Excerpt 1:
“Did you know my son?” The voice startled me out of my thoughts of Einstein. I looked up from my solace to see who I assumed was his mother. Her hair was blond like Einstein’s only she had streaks of white. The skin around her gentle eyes bore webs in the creases. She too was tall and thin. He looked much like her.

“No, I didn’t know him, but have heard what happened. I think it… is heartbreaking… what happened. I had a friend who… I just wanted to visit and pay my respects.” I wanted to tell her ‘yes, I loved your son’ but couldn’t bring myself to. Instead, I made up yet another story.

“My son was a very special young man. He wanted to do incredible things.” He did do something incredible. He loved and took care of me, but I didn’t say that to her.

“Do you mind me asking…? Do you know why he ran?” The questions ran out of my mouth like water from a hose. I kicked myself mentally for being so insensitive.

“I don’t feel that is your business.” The pain in her eyes was evident, although she didn’t ask me to leave. Maybe she needed to talk about it, wanted to talk about it. I needed to talk about it and didn’t want her running off so I continued.

“I’m sorry. I had a friend who ran and I don’t know why. Why kids leave a good home. You seem like such a nice woman, a good mother. My friend also had a good family but still he ran.”


I breathed a silent sigh of relief when she continued. “It seems ridiculous now. I can’t seem to forgive myself. We didn’t always see eye to eye with Burke.” For a long time we just stood there, saying nothing, each of us deep in our own sorrow for this lost young man. 



Excerpt 2:
The following day, when I came back from lunch, a man was waiting in the office, reading a paper. As I came through the door, he turned towards me. A shockwave of terror went down my spine and I felt frozen in place. It was the creepy man from the plane the one who followed me in Paris and sent Halette’s body down the river, Mr. Dancy Eyes. He found me and now my time was up!

Living in New York, working for the people who wanted to kill me, I was in the pit of the lion’s den and preferred not to be their next meal, so I started carrying a knife. Clutching my purse housing my blade closely and replaying the self defense skills Sam had taught me in Paris through my mind, I felt relatively safe. They hadn’t failed me yet, although a six foot man would be much harder to take down than a five foot woman. I wasn’t going without a fight. I kept my purse close. Doing my best to hide my nervousness I asked, “Do you have an appointment sir?”

He placed his paper on the chair beside him and stood up. I braced myself. Then he spoke. “Yes, I’m Mitchel Strat I spoke with William this morning and he asked me to meet him here at one o’clock.” The left side of his lips turned up in a quirky sly smile giving away his recognition of me.


“He isn’t back from lunch yet. Please take a seat.” I offered and quickly took my own seat behind my desk. I dropped my purse into my desk drawer and slipped the knife out, placing it on top of my purse while leaving the drawer open slightly.

Buy Links:
Amazon
Amazon.co.uk
Barnes and Noble
Smashwords
iBooks
Google Play

Social Media Links:
Website- https://elleklass.weebly.com
Blog- https://thetroubledoyster.blogspot.com
Goodreads- https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7216745.Elle_Klass
Cleo's Pinterest Page- http://www.pinterest.com/elleklass/cleos-favorites/
Twitter- https://twitter.com/Elleklass
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/ElleKlass


No comments:

Post a Comment