Popular Posts

Friday, January 2, 2015

Manuela Cardiga Manscapes

First review of the New year and what a fabulous book it is! When I was first asked to review this book because of the name I thought it would be erotica. As a reader of many genres the genre didn't really matter. It was simply my judging a book by its title. This is not an erotic read but a fabulous love story.



My review:

Manscapes is a dynamic story of one woman, Clara’s, struggles with love and romance. As a young woman she is raped and becomes pregnant by the rapist. She is then forced by her family to marry him. She grows to love and adore the child, a daughter, but her loathing for him becomes unbearable and she leaves. She is an artist, a painter, is forced to leave her schooling upon marrying her rapist. Once freed, she dives back into her painting and begins painting men, she nicknames her art appropriately as Manscapes. Upon leaving, she learns to love herself as well as falling in love. 

This story touched me as a woman. Manuela Cardiga brings to life the fear, loathing, and incredible emotions that go with spending nearly a lifetime with that man who raped her. I felt sadness and loneliness, then happiness for Clara as the story passed. I will not disclose as you will have to read for yourself, but Manscapes is a powerful, riveting story that kept me on the edge of my seat and my emotions bobbing like a dime store bouncy ball.


A compelling novel that is far more than a romance.

Where to find Manuela
Website
Goodreads

Where to buy Manuela's books
Smashwords
Amazon author page
Barnes and Noble
Amazon.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment